Typically, the new year is a time for resolutions and thinking about change in our lives. Resolutions have failed to sustain change in my life. Instead, I focus on objectives and changing direction. Keeping Seven clear objectives in front of me has always worked. The objectives must be specific, realistic, authentic, and obtainable. More than Seven creates confusion. The objectives placed on a treasure map or vision board helps me to retain my desires in my consciousness. I use a meditative process to determine my objectives. You can read about the process by clicking here. Listing the objectives on your refrigerator, bathroom mirror and dashboard of your car will keep them in front of you and force you to think about creating them. Finally, the following list may help improve life.
Twenty practices to make it a better year!
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to insure your privacy.
3. Buy a TIVO, tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement: My purpose is to___________ today.
5. Live with the 3 E’s. Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy.
6. Watch more movies, play more games and read more books than you did in the previous year.
7. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, tai chi, qigong and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake. Day dreaming is very good for you!
10. Eat foods that grow on trees and plants. Eat fewer foods grown in factories.
11. Drink green tea & plenty of water and eat blueberries, wild caught salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least 3 people smile each day.
13. Clear the clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class, but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat a large breakfast, a medium sized lunch and a very small dinner. You’ll lose weight and sleep better.
17. Smile and laugh more. It keeps the energy vampires away.
18. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________. Today, I accomplished____________.
19. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
20. Enjoy the ride. Remember, this is not Disney World and you don’t want a fast pass, You only have one ride through this life so make the most of it.